Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Big Brother Is Watching You. Muahahaha!

This post is actually about statistics :) But it's really beautiful statistics and there are picture so I promise it's not boring. I just wanted to sum up what I can see in Google Analytics of this blog and how curious and excited it makes me feel.
The purpose of this blog is primarily to keep in touch with my friends and family. So I expected there would be quite some traffic on a daily basis. And this was enhanced by the fact that I share my posts on facebook. I also enjoy the feedback I get this way, so thank you for it, guys.

In the beginning I had visits mainly from Europe and the US, where I studied, so this didn't surprise me. However after a few weeks, I was gradually getting more and more visits from surprising countries I never thought I knew anybody from. Such as Malaysia, Estonia, Taiwan, Peru,... After the post about dreams coming true, I stopped thinking about it. It had made me a nervous in the beginning, but nothing really happened so I got gradually comfortable with it.

Daily pageviews
So what are the statistics for July and August? I wrote 58 posts in two months. The blog had 3271 page views in July and 4416 in August, the total of 7687. I would never expect this to happen when I started blogging. The average visit is 1:26 long and average number of pages per visit is 1.63. The blog had more than 1200 unique visitors. The data for this are probably a little underestimated since I started using Google Analytics after 10 days.

The most fun and exciting thing for me is to look at the maps and wonder about who is reading my posts. It's interesting because some posts are more interesting for my friends from the Czech Republic and others are more interesting for people from CERN or for Greeks :) Now the blog has had visits from 50 countries and 20 US states. Wow, that sounds insane... I hope I just didn't discourage you from reading because I spy on you :)

Number of visitors per country worldwide
Number of visitors per country in Europe
Number of visitors per US state


No comments:

Post a Comment