Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Greek Invasion

There are Greeks everywhere at CERN. I've been so lucky to share an office with two of them: Dimitris and Antonis. The first thing that probably comes to your mind is the stereotype of the Greeks being lazy. Are you curious what I think about it? :) I think they are in general loud, friendly, and fun to be around. They do wake up and do almost everything later then the Germans though. But my point is they are really nice and I loved to spend time with them. I will miss you guys...

Crazy Greeks are a pretty big subset of the Greeks here
Seriously, I know so many Greek guys now... Besides my colleagues I got to know: Alex the great singer with a cut off ear, Nikodemos the Cyprian, Dimitris the handsome :) from openlab, Anti the Albanian Greek, Stefanos who spends all his money on food, Stathis the sane Greek, Maria the mean, Mary who can calm me down, Mary and Kostas from openlab,... I'm pretty sure I must have forgotten somebody. They are too many :) As you can see, I even know a lot of people with the same first names. Or maybe they are just not creative in Greece :)

You can have a look at my dear coworkers and their most famous quotes, to have some idea of who I worked with here :)

Dimitris, the worst singer of all time and master of all bugs in Geneva

A "cernfie" made by Antonis


No comments:

Post a Comment