Monday, October 20, 2014

Oktoberfest Reunion

It felt a little surreal to see the guys from CERN at the train station in Munich. So after everybody left Geneva, we wanted to see each other again soon. We concluded that the best place to meet is Eva’s place, because we can go to Oktoberfest!

Eva managed to fit almost all of us to her place, bought a lot of German beer and sausages, and took us to some bars, Oktoberfest, and BMW. I missed the rest of the weekend because of a stupid flu… I need to take better care of myself in the future.

German snack at Eva's place
So we went to Oktoberfest to drink some German beer and stare at people wearing funny clothes. Fortunately, Eva had two dirndls (the traditional dress) so I could wear one too! It really made me sit straight :) It was so cool :) We arrived too late to go to a beer tent, as they were full by 9 am, so we took a table outside and had some fun. Actually we didn't do not too much crazy stuff this time.

Okroberfest crew
So the next day we went to BMW to see some shiny expensive cars. It was pretty interesting but I felt awful so I decided to leave in the evening. The college life is too exhausting sometimes… I am really happy we could see each other and I hope we will meet again soon. Thank you for hosting this, Eva!



Girls wearing dirndls

One of the beer tents at 10 am


No comments:

Post a Comment