Wednesday, November 26, 2014

How I Got My CERN Card Vol. 2

So... I am back here :) It didn't even take too long. So how did I end up at CERN? I met a few cool guys from my home department during the summer here. Then we went out in Prague again and I ended up joining the team to work on my master thesis at COMPASS. I will write a separate post about what it is.
How does it work? I will go to CERN several times during the next year, probably for a few weeks at a time. I will also work on the project in Prague of course. I will recode the COMPASS logbook, which is an ancient piece of on-line monitoring system, written by a physicist nicknamed "the monster". Sounds like fun :)

My classmate (and a new roommate) Martinek and I arrived yesterday. It felt a little surreal to be back, see the same old familiar places without the familiar people... Anyway, I managed to get a new
CERN card, which is a big deal of course, because there's "CERN" written on it :) I didn't even need to take a new picture, which was nice. So here it is. More information coming soon.

Martinek with his super old bills (a gift from his grandma)

My CERN cad number two



No comments:

Post a Comment