Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Why Are There Too Many Cool Things I Want To Do?

Let me share one of my first world problems. There's no CERN for me this summer. And it's all my fault. I was looking forward to working on logbook, learning to play the ukulele, and drinking French wine with my friends I haven’t seen for a while…




In short, I am staying in Prague because of my internship at McKinsey. The project I work on is longer than expected and I ended up choosing staying here. That means I will work on my thesis later, even though it probably means in Prague and not at CERN.

Why do I do that? The thing is I feel I wasn't born to be a developer. I would learn a lot at CERN, but it would be mostly being a better coder. At McKinsey, I am learning to drive change. So that I can run the world one day. (Muahahahahaha :))

And then I'm generally bad at doing one thing after another, so I'm trying to break the pattern here and finish one thing and then focus completely on the next one. As I have plans for this summer I cannot postpone, I will work on my thesis in the fall. 

I will do my best to see you guys anyway as soon as I have some time. Take care until then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment