Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Giving Lightning Talks

As a part of the openlab program, all of us gave a 5-minute talk about our projects we've been working on here at CERN. I think it was the shortest presentation in my life. And it made it surprisingly difficult since there was so much more to say and you didn't have time to go into too much detail.

I was so lucky to be the first one to present so you can actually see only the second half of my presentation, because the microphone was turned on but on mute which I of course didn't notice at first. We actually had a practice session last week and a lot of people took this opportunity to practice really seriously. Or practiced a lot more during the next days. Overall, I think we did a really good job. All of us managed to be pretty close to the 5 minutes limit, and learned something useful.

The best presentations were given by Harry, Benjamin and Sneha. I really enjoyed the opportunity to learn from others in such a short time. You don't usually get to see 23 presentations in one day. It was another good experience from CERN. Oh, and you can watch the whole thing if you have the time to do so :)

Dimitris the handsome practicing his presentation


5 comments: