Saturday, August 23, 2014

Time To Say Goodbye (Or See You Later)

So people actually started leaving. It feels so surreal. My roommate Sofia left in early morning. I will miss her even though she's crazy :) Or maybe because of it :) Take care and see you my dear! And there's only one Greek in my office now. My life is so lonely. Actually not, but I feel like it right now.

And so many friends left today or are about to leave... I really hope we will see again. And often! With all you crazy, less crazy, cool, and just great guys. Thank you for being awesome. Yes, I mean you if you're reading this.

Of course I know that people just sometimes disappear from your life and that it means there's place for other people to get closer with. But the knowledge does not help much really. I could probably write a post about how great this summer has been and make it sound more like "Don't be sad it's over, be happy it happened". But I just don't feel like it now.

I think I will just go to my room and cry now.


3 comments:

  1. Don't be sad, Hana! I totally get you - I got to meet some awesome people this summer but I was quite late, so I got even less time. I wish I got to know you guys better, and now everyone is leaving. Still, gone from CERN does not mean gone from your life. ;) Sure, sadness is a part of the process, but don't waste time right now moping around! We'll reflect when we're home, now be happy spending time with those who are still here. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bartek! I'm fine now. I just started writing about the concert yesterday and ended up writing this first because I needed to express myself first. But I think being sad is sometimes a good thing when it doesn't last for too long. Being happy now anyway :)

      Delete
    2. Well you would be weird not to get sad once in a while. :D Good it does not last long. And if you are any bit like me writing about it probably makes you feel better, so of course it's good to express yourself. ;) Cheers!

      Delete