Monday, August 4, 2014

Orienteering at CERN

Jan is one of my colleagues from the Data Storage Services team and he does orienteering, which is highly unlikely for a German. The first day I came to CERN, I was surprised and happy to find out that he does orienteering. I've been pretty busy since then but my advisor Luca left for two weeks and Jan is taking care of me instead. We got to talk about the maps around here and Jan told me he would get me some. There actually is an orienteering club at CERN, but there are unfortunately no events during summer.

So today morning, I walk into my office and I see I have some new mail and it was orienteering maps of like ten different places around CERN! There is a map of a forest where I already went running twice, another one close to CERN by some stream, maps of old town in Geneva and then CERN of course. I'm so excited about going running there!

The map of CERN

No comments:

Post a Comment