Sunday, August 3, 2014

Working at Data Storage Services: EOS Cockpit

If you want to get an idea of what I work on here, you can have a look at EOS Cockpit. (Greetings to IT Architecture Team at Raiffeisen Bank in Prague and especially to Ivan! :) After we killed our poor Cockpit, I got another one here! :)) So... There is a large data storage system called EOS. It provides services for all the LHC (You know, the Large Hydron Collider) experiments: ALICE, ATLAS, CMS and LHCb.

Cockpit itself is a monitoring tool for EOS meaning it shows the users from the experiments how much space and how many files they have there. I work on several tasks. I am basically cleaning up the python scripts that generate the javascript and html for the website and adding some historical data plots. I will also simplify some scripts that get the actual data about how the system is working. These are used by other monitoring services. I hope that what I wrote it makes some sense :)

My desk

No comments:

Post a Comment