Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Arrival

I arrived to Geneva on Sunday evening. Libor and I took a car from the Czech Republic so that we could take more food and stuff with us. We left at about 7 am. On the way, we stopped in Schaffhausen in northern Switzerland to see The Rhine Falls, the largest waterfall in Europe. There was some water falling from the sky as well but it didn't stop us. We took a walk around the falls anyway and arrived to Geneva at 7 pm.



On Monday, I was supposed to start working... It turned out it will take a while for a number of reasons. First, I needed to get my CERN ID card. Yay! :) Actually I spend the whole day walking around CERN with some papers, registering and applying etc.

Second, my advisor is in Paris at a conference and will return on Thursday or Friday. It turned out that nobody else really knows what I'm supposed to do. So for now, I do some general reading about CERN IT Data & Storage Services and EOS, where I work. There are also many lectures on Particle Physics and a lot of other subjects every day in the morning. I think I will go only to the lectures organized for openlab. And I will need to find some time for work :)



2 comments:

  1. I was wondering, why the photo seems so familiar to me :-) Then I realised, that it's taken at The Rhine Falls. I was there three years ago and it is a pretty great there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it a lot. The color of the water is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete