Thursday, July 31, 2014

Best. Roommate. Ever. Sofia!

Sofia is the best roommate I've ever had! When I came to CERN, I wanted to keep doing yoga in the morning and I was a little worried about whether she'll be ok with it. And you know what she did? She joined me :) We ended up turning on music in the morning so that it wakes us up and possibly makes us sing and dance. We love Moby, Morcheeba, Parov Stelar,... I'm so happy I can be crazy and Sofia is just fine with it :)

We always have these philosophical conversations about life, career, relationships, etc. Sofia is Russian and I love the way she comes up with new questions. She thinks so differently compared to me. She is definitely more feminine and I'm more childish. So we have things to talk about and share very different points of view.

Sofia made me wear a dress a few times. It was really fun, because here at CERN there are not so many women and very few of them wear a dress. So when Sofia and I dress up and go to work, it's so funny to watch the people starring at us when they drive or bike around :)

Oh, I wanted to tell you a few facts about her actually. So, Sofia studies IT in Moscow and does research in Neural Networks. She's 21 years old/young. I always feel so old when I realize this... I'm 24 in case you didn't know. Anti started calling me granny after I told him. Like five seconds ago...

Anyway, Sofia will study in Netherlands next year so I hope she'll enjoy her time there and will come to visit me in Prague. I'm sure we will keep in touch in the future.

Having lunch at Restaurant 2 (at CERN)

Visiting nuclear reactor in Grenoble

In CERN Control Center

No comments:

Post a Comment