Tuesday, July 29, 2014

What a Girl Can Hear in a Single Day at CERN aka Lunch with My Friends :)

This is not going to be too serious :) The openlab guys and I had a lunch together. This is not such an exceptional thing but it was kind of special today. Just to make sure I want to make it clear that we had fun and we are friends etc. So let's get started.

We met at 12 in front of the data center. The first conversation with Robert went like this:

Robert: "Hey, Hana."
Me: "Hey Robert, how are you?"
R: "Your pants are disturbing."
H: "What?" (bewildered look)
R: "Your pants. They are disturbing."
H: "Oh, why?" :)
R: "My grandma used to have a carpet that looked like your pants."
H: "Ehm... Seriously? And you're telling me like that?"
R: "I'm not saying I didn't like the carpet. It just brings back some memories, you know."
H: "You just told me I'm looking like a carpet?"
R: "No, I'm not. Just your pants."

So then we go to the restaurant. We get our food and sit down together. I sit down next to Anti and Joao. Here I'm choosing just the highlights :) I must say I was smiling all the time, otherwise the conversation would not probably happen, but anyway...

Anti was staring at my pasta for a while and then he said: "You should eat less, you know?"
H: "What?"
A: "You know, you eat too much."
H: "I don't think so."
A: "Yes, you do. Look at you."
H: "Like 'look at me' so what?"
A: "You know, everybody is talking about it. You gained some pounds since you came here. Your butt looks awful."
H: "What?"
A: "Everybody says how much prettier you were when you came here but now when you gained so much weight."
H: "I'm fine!"
A: "No, you're not. Look at you. Look at you belly." Anti starts touching my belly as if I was super fat.
H: "Seriously? This is not possible! Is this really happening? Am I still sleeping?"

Now Joao starts helping Anti in trying to drive me crazy:

Joao: "You know, you should touch her belly and ask who is the lucky one."
H: "What? What possibly more insulting you could tell a girl?"
A: "What about asking who is the unlucky one?"

At this point we are just laughing and the guys actually eat their lunch. I am still kind of bewildered by the offensiveness of our lunch humor but I'm not taking it too seriously or personally. The rest of the story is rather boring compared to these lines :) I really like brutally honest and mean humor because I think it's a great way to tell people things you would never be able to tell while being serious. It makes you think new thoughts even though it is sometimes a little uncomfortable.

Anyway, this lunch break was a really unexpected experience. The good thing is I realized I am not fat and I don't care about what somebody else says, which is great :) And I do like my pants even though they look like somebody's carpet. By the way they are super comfortable. So thank you guys!

My beautiful comfortable pants



No comments:

Post a Comment