Monday, July 7, 2014

The Coolest View from Office Ever

So I didn't do any crazy stuff today. Actually I went to dancing (swing) class but I don't know if that counts. Fortunately, there is plenty of crazy stuff around to write about, such as the place where my office is.

By now, you have probably heard that there are the Alps all around Geneva. Basically anywhere you look, you can see some mountains. By the way did I mention I love this place? So where I work, we do have a window. It's actually pretty big. However, we can see the CERN data center main room instead of the Alps :) Both are impressive. The center is actually really interesting so I might write a separate post about it later...


You also might know that the World Wide Web was born at CERN 25 years ago. This is not the only super cool Internet-related thing about working here.

There is also one of the main Internet exchange points. My advisor told me if this buildings falls down, half of Europe goes off-line. I really wanted to find a website to support this statement but I've been unsuccessful so far. I'll try to update this with a link later or maybe someone will send me a link :) Anyway, this important thing is what I can see from my office. It's right under the huge red pipes. What does it mean? That there is one more good reason why you should visit me! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment