Thursday, July 10, 2014

Czech(oslovak) Party at CERN

When Karel came up with the idea of having a Czech lunch, I thought it would be nice to see other Czech guys who work here. I ended up throwing up a little party at R1 and I expected five to ten people would come.

After a little confusing search for other lost groups of Czech guys sitting around the whole building, we finally found a place to sit down and have some Czech beer and French wine :) When we ran out of this and the restaurant stopped providing at least local beer, we switched to some suspicious Slovak liquors... I really hope we won't drink it again. Surprisingly, more than twenty people showed up, a few guys were from Slovakia. I had no idea there were so many people from the Czech Republic.

Even though we didn't really know each other in the beginning, we had a really great time and ended up leaving way too late/early. I hope we will meet again after this unexpected success :) See you soon, guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment